The Assistant Port Engineer is a skilled Engineer and is responsible for fleet support in the operational readiness, maintenance, and regulatory compliance in a specific region Accurate and timely data entry, filing, and retrieval of all accounts payable documents.
· Assist Port Engineer to ensure all vessel engineers are properly trained, qualified, and complies with a regulatory training and/or certification requirements.
· Assist Port Engineer with the timely and cost effective maintenance, repair, modifications, and refurbishment projects of existing fleet.
· Assist Port Engineer with monitoring the contractor and/or shipyard during maintenance and repair projects.
· Conducts on-site surveys of vessels and equipments to determine maintenance and repair needs.
· Analyzes problems and interfaces with appropriate operations personnel.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work in a sedentary office environment operating computers, telephones, radios and standard office equipment.
· Capable of climbing ladders and safely embarking / disembarking moored vessels.
· Adequate vision (i.e., absent any color blindness or impairment that cannot be corrected with prescription lenses).
· Adequate hearing.
· Capable of walking and standing on wet surfaces for extended periods of time.
· Able to handle heavy lines and operate heavy machinery.
· Ability to hoist oneself up and over a 12-inch wide, 6 foot high barrier.
· Sufficient strength to:
o Lift 100 lbs. from deck to waist level;
o Lift 50 lbs. from deck to shoulder level;
o Lift 35 lbs. from deck to overhead; and
o Pull (drag) 120 lbs. at least 20 feet.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 757-494-2895 ext. 6611 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.