The Welder is performs all kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment.
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedure and tools and material requirements.
- Fabricates equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repairs equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles and tacks weld parts.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- May be assigned to dismantle or cut up obsolete machinery, setting aside for scrap dealer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Satisfactory completion of in-house apprenticeship training.
- Must possess varying degrees of precision and control where damage could be considerable.
- Valid TWIC Card or must have applied for a TWIC Card by completing the enrollment process with TSA.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
Work involves considerable stooping, bending, and working in overhead structures and on scaffolds. Considerable glare emits from work, requiring the wearing of personal protective equipment. Exposed to moderate burns and exposed to flying objects, such as
chips and scale. Accident hazard can involve severe cuts and bruises. Job site must be carefully enclosed to prevent injury to others from sparks and flying chips.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 757-494-2895 ext. 6611 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.